FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who are The Game Influencers?
The Game Influencers is a novel business index that does not showcase and promote businesses on the basis of their financial performance only, but on how well they do, because they do good. This is inspired by an ever-growing body of global evidence which proves that businesses who use their power, success and influence to do good, win the hearts of their target audiences, which in turn lets them earn the biggest share of their wallets and ultimately lets them win at the game of business.
What are the Six Business Principles of a Game Influencer?
The Six Business Principles of a Game Influencer© serve as guidelines to help businesses accomplish two key outcomes: To establish a business that is good inside out, whilst building resilience. Both these ‘traits’ are fundamental for businesses to retain and grow their market share, whilst establishing the capability to swiftly bounce back from any crisis and seamlessly adapt to the new normal, which is an ever-changing environment. These principles are intrinsically similar for all the categories for listing, but has just been somewhat adapted for relevance to each. This will also become the barometer by which businesses who apply to get listed will be evaluated.
What are the different categories in which a business can get listed?
Can I apply to get listed in more than one category?
When will applications for listing be open?
Applications for listing will open ASAP. Simply subscribe to our Bytes of Wisdom, to ensure you know when the race is on and remain in the loop of new developments, or join our Facebook community here:
What are the criteria to get listed?
The criteria to get listed are subject to the category for listing and is conveniently listed under each category. To get the details, simply click on these three categories, which are as follows:
Game Influencers (medium to corporates);
Illuminating Women (women business owners and leaders); and
Pathfinders (SMMEs and start-ups, including members of the youth).
What will it cost to apply for listing?
The cost of listing will be subject to the size of your business and which category you’re applying to get listed in. These costs will be published as soon as we open for listing. Simply subscribe to our Bytes of Wisdom, to ensure you know when the race is on and remain in the loop of new developments, or join our Facebook community here:
Who evaluates the applications for listing?
All initial applications are evaluated by an independent team of technical officials for shortlisting, and all shortlisted applications are evaluated by an independent panel of judges, who are all appointed and introduced, each year when we open for listing. Simply subscribe to our Bytes of Wisdom, to ensure you remain in the loop of new developments, or join our Facebook community here:
What benefits will I gain from getting listed?
In a nutshell:
- Become part of a movement that has the potential to fundamentally change the way business is done for good
- Get showcased and promoted as a business that is good inside out
- Gain the affinity of your target audiences, which is proven to earn you the biggest share of their wallets over time, which will in turn, let you win at the game of business
- Attract top talent, as a league of global studies worldwide indicate that people are willing to take a drop in salary, to work for a business that does meaningful work that contributes to the greater scheme of things
- Attract investors, as the world is waking up to the fact that businesses who do good, do good in the long run, and a body of evidence is rapidly emerging all over the world, to prove exactly that
- Feature at the illustrious Annual Showcase of The Game Influencers
Gain additional exposure through the social media and media announcements and ad hoc press releases of The Game Influencers
- Feature in monthly Bytes of Wisdom e-Newsletter of The Game Influencers, which is distributed to a database of thousands of subscribers and businesses worldwide
- Feature in the bi-monthly Get Inspired virtual magazine of The Game Influencers, which is distributed to a database of thousands of subscribers and businesses worldwide
- Opt to use The Game Influencers logo with the year that you got listed on your own communication, as provided by our designers and in alignment with our CI guidelines
- Feature in our professionally illustrated photo-diary-style, hard-cover coffee table book, which is sold and distributed globally
- Stand the chance to get selected to present your Game Influencer case study to a global audience, via a live Business Update, hosted by us
What is the Hall of Knowledge?
Must I be an active subscriber of The Game Influencers to get listed?
No, it is not compulsory to be an active subscriber of The Game Influencers when you apply to get listed. However, we encourage you to subscribe, to help build our community of Game Influencers who rise up for a better world via better business, drive the global conversation through our Circle of Influence, get support to lead your business through our Circle of Support and tap the minds of the like-minded. You can subscribe here.